Layout

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Dress

Before our Easter weekend started I babysat Dallin and Trista for Jordan & Vicky while she was on a mom retreat in St. George. We really enjoyed the nice warm days where we could go outside and play. We did some sidewalk chalk drawings, played in the backyard, and then on Friday we even went to the park in Bella Vista. I was able to get a couple of pictures throughout the week.

On Saturday morning after Camarae had woken up and eaten breakfast we decided to go on an excursion to Wal-Mart. Matt was still asleep in bed so we were quiet getting ready and leaving the house. I thought that I might be able to find an Easter dress for Camarae that was on sale seeing as it was the day before Easter. When I got to Wal-Mart and was looking through the dresses I found a couple that I liked but decided that $11 was still not a sale. So I thought that it would be fun to go to Kohl's and then to the mall to see what I could find.

So we went home first because I wanted to change before going to the mall. When I got home Matt was still sleeping so we again quietly got ready to go shopping. Right when I was getting ready to pick up Camarae to put into the car Matt came out of the bedroom. He saw that I was all dressed up and that Camarae was in her carseat so he asked if I was going anywhere. I said, "we'll I've actually already been somewhere and I'm leaving for the mall." He didn't want to come so it was just Camarae and I.

Once at Kohl's I instantly was finding bargains. It was exciting! I found a table runner for under $10 and a welcome sign for $3, they were both 60-70% off. I then went into the infant section to see if I could find an Easter dress for Camarae. Once again there were many bargains to be found. I found several dresses that I liked to I narrowed it down to two. I've included a picture of the one that she wore on Sunday, we got many compliments on it at church. Since I found her an Easter dress at Kohl's I didn't go to the mall. But I did enjoy the rest of the day at home with just one kid to take care of.

Sunday after church we went out to the Skoch's to spend Easter Sunday with them. We had dinner with them. Me having my first taste of lamb which I thought was o.k. Then we enjoyed our conversations with them before and after dinner. Camarae fell asleep at her bedtime up there and then when we headed home she sleep in the car and didn't fuss much when she was transferred into her bed at home. It was a nice Easter Sunday but I'm looking forward to next year when the Easter bunny visits Camarae.

If you click on the slideshow pictures it will take you to the captions that I put with the pictures. If not then the ladybug dress was her Easter dress.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! Sounds like you got some good things at Kohl's...it's always hit at miss at stores. Cami's dresses are cute, but which one did she wear to church...the ladybug one?

Post Family said...

Cute pictures! Thanks so much for watching the kids! I really enjoyed my trip and was glad to know Dallin and Trista were in good hands. Camarae's dress is cute--I love the pink and green!

Carley said...

Cute pictures and dress. You look good too. Aren't you glad to just have 1 kid right now, not 3?

Kelly said...

She's a cutie!! I love her Easter dress. Nice choice. eVen better that you found it on sale. good job!

Megan said...

AWW!! She lookds so great!!! How fun going shopping, can't wait unti I can go too!!