For our FHE tonight we decided we wanted to make some homemade ice cream. We've had our ice cream maker for over a year and this was the first time that we've actually made ice cream with it. We tried another time before but the store was all out of rock salt.
While it was storming outside Camarae and I went to the store to get some items to be able to make our ice cream. I was driving the taurus so the ride home was interesting so say the least. Driving while not be able to see out the windshield while it is raining makes for an interesting time.
Anyway, the flavor that we made was cookies and cream so I bought the off-brand oreo cookies. We made the ice cream mix and then broke up some cookies and put them into the mix. Camarae was interested in the whole making process so I got some pictures of her watching what was going on. She really liked the ice cream maker when it was plugged in and mixing the ice cream, it was noisy so that is why it had her attention.
After Camarae was in bed and dinner was all cleaned up Matt and I had a taste of our ice cream creation. Do you like how dark the ice cream turned out? It is almost black in color. The ice cream was really yummy! We will have to make it again and try some other flavors. Yay for ice cream!


6 comments:
Looks yummy, Camarae is getting so big.
Yeah, Jacob liked the blender when he was younger...noise, noise!
Oh, that looks soo good. How many cookies did you put in it? There must have been the whole package for it to look so chocolatey. Next time I'm there we'll definitely need to make some :o)
The ice cream looks yummy! It looks like rocky road though :)
Not fair making a pregnant lady read about ice cream, especially homemade ice cream at 10 in the morning. Do you like your little chair thing for Camarae? I'm thinking about getting one, but didn't know if it was worth the $$.
Congratulations Matt and crystal! Your little girl is so cute! We are living in Pleasant grove right now. Where are you guys? I hope things are great for you!
Post a Comment