I think we're going for some kind of record here...I believe this makes the 10th post this month! Last night I returned from the great city of Chicago where we endured cold temps, freezing winds and some rain/snow. There were a few sunny days but it was still chilly. Becca and I had fun exploring downtown and dragging Brad around the city after he had finished with classes. One of my favorite things was the famous stuffed Chicago pizza. Yum, it was sooo good. (sorry for the scary picture but you just had to see this thing) I probably would have been content with eating there every night but I'm glad we didn't cause we would have missed out on the Chinese restaurant that also sells wedding cakes and closes at 7:30 pm
because they all have to go home in one car...huh? It was really good food though & dirt cheap. In Millenium Park there is a scuplture that looks like a large jelly bean, thus it is affectionately called "the bean". It was designed to reflect the skyline & the reflection of people in the sculpture sig
nifys how we affect and change this city. Look closley, you can see Becca & me in the bean. We also ventured to the observation floor of the Sears Tower. That was neat to see Chicago with a bird's eye view...that part of Illinois is so flat, you can s
ee for miles. We also got to see all of the major leauge sports stadiums way up there & Lake Michigan looked like it could be the ocean. We also ventured out to Navy Pier but decided it was definitely more of a summer attraction but at least we can now say we've been there. My word of caution for those planning on visiting the windy city is 1. go during the summer and 2. plan on lots of shopping. It was a great trip, fabulous company--glad I was invited along--Thanks Becca and Brad.
7 comments:
Even though it was cold it looks like you had a fun time. It would have been fun to be there, Camarae would not have liked it though.
I wish I could have gone. It looks like a lot of fun.
Fun, fun...I think my feet are finally unthawed and my calves are back to normal!
desaray! looks like so much fun. glad you had a good time. makes me want to take a fun vacation!
hey -- how do you make it so your images/pictures aren't transparent like the rest of the background of your posts?
Christianna, I don't know...I just insert the pictures when I'm typing up the blog...hmm. Does anyone else have a suggestion?
yeah, it's something with the html coding of the layout of the blog. and i have a transparent background on my posts, but it also made all my pictures transparent, too ... hmmm ...
Post a Comment