Layout

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A "While You Were Out" Happy Birthday

So last weekend Corey had my sisters keep me out of the house for about 2 days. It started with a sleepover that started Friday morning and lasted thru saturday afternoon. I had fun with my sisters and mom but come saturday morning I thought I'd better get home since I had abandoned Corey all Friday. But to my surprise I was not allowed to go home. I thought Corey realized what my sisters were doing so I called him to tell him I wasn't coming home (probably much to his relief) and spent the rest of Saturday with them. About 6 pm I finally headed home and when I got there, much to my surprise, I found out it was Corey who had wanted me out of the house and my sisters were just dilligently trying to keep me occupied as I kept mentioning that I'd probably better go home to my poor neglected husband. haha Little did I know this is what he'd been up to...


I learned he had made the bedspread himself (we'd been shopping for a few months and I could never find anything I really liked or that we both could live with) so he took it upon himself to make the perfect bedspread (and it is--I love it) all the way down to the bedskirt. He also painted the room, the walls were white before, the headboard/footboard & even the nightstand, which I don't think you can see. It was a very big surprise and a wonderful birthday. Thanks so much Corey! You're the best.

5 comments:

Spring said...

Super Cute! I want a "Corey." Sorry Megan didn't make it Friday, it was my fault she was late. :)

Rebecca said...

Very nice bedspread & bed skirt. Way to go Corey! Des has her work cut out for her ;) Good job, Desi's sisters on keeping her occupied :) Happy birthday Des!

Megan said...

Yay for a husband that can sew!! Now you'll never have to. Good Job Corey, we were all anxious on what you were doing and it looks awesome!

Carley said...

Wow! I am very impressed! That is such a cute bed set. That is some talent that Corey has!

Irlenborn family said...

Holy Crap!!! What took you so long to marry the guy, he's obviously a keeper! I'm very impressed!:) Sounds like things are going well for you newlyweds. Oh, and happy late birthday Des!