So having left at Midnight on Thurs night/Fri morning we arrived at Rebecca's house around 9 pm Friday night. Waisting no time we jumped right into playing cards with her, Brad, Uncle Wade & Aunt Char. Fun times. Saturday morning came early and earlier for others. Corey and Brad went to Joplin to help with the tornado clean-up efforts. I think Corey was still tired from the traveling but what a trooper as he labored in the heat and not to mention, humidity. I'm sure it will be an experience he'll always remember.
While he was working away, Noelle and I ventured to the mall with Jamie, Teralee and Jacob. We then had to stop for ice cream at Braum's (an Ice Cream store I've only seen in the mid-west). Jacob ordered his favorite Choc Chip Mint and I had mine, Cookie 'n' Cream. Sorry to the others, I can't remember what you had. It was a nice treat. After our little excursion we went swimming in Rebecca's neighborhood pool. It was Noelle's firt time in a swimming pool and she did great. Didn't fuss once and just hung out in the kiddie pool with me. Wish we had some pics.
Sunday after church Teralee, Jamie, Corey, Noelle and I went to the Nature Center. We started out on the trails for a nice walk when it started raining. We waited under some trees hoping it was just going to be a little shower but as we waited we realized we could be there a while. So when it seemed to lighten up a little we decided to head back to the car quickly. We hadn't been on our way but a minute when it started to down pour and no tree was providing much shelter. Needless to say, we were quite wet by the time we reached dry ground. But what the hay, it just adds to the experience. :o)
After our little nature walk we went back to Becca's where everyone gathered for a BBQ. It was fun as we were able to see cousins and their children that we hadn't seen in a long time or had never even met. It was a great day.
Apparently she didn't want her picture taken...
Corey playing lawn games...
Monday my sisters and we headed to Silver Dollar City, an amusement park in Branson. We spent the entire day there and had a great time. I think Crystal has all of those pics so I'll be sure to get some and post them.
Tuesday was a relaxing day. We went to Lambert's for lunch. Not quite as exciting as I remember but oh well...After that we went to visit Bass Pro Shops. The most intersting thing there was the albino alligator other than that we bought Noelle a lift jacket for our trip to the lake on Wednesday.
Wednesday we ventured down to the lake where we used to go practically every saturday during the summer. Those are good memories, I only wish we had some tradition just as great. It was fun to play in the water and visit with more cousins I hadn't seen in a long while.
Thursday morning bright and early, well maybe not so bright as we hit the road around 4:20 am. It was a long drive home and we didn't make it back until around 2:00 am Friday. On our way home we had to take detours due to a levee breaking along the Missouri river and we also had tire issues. Thank goodness no flat or blow out but we were driving on a tire that was no longer travel worthy as you could see the steel belt. Thankfully we somehow made it to my sister's house in WY where we were able to change the tire and proceed the remaing few hours home on the donut. Grueling task staying awake but we needed to be home Friday morning so Jamie could make it to work. All in all it was a good trip, glad to be home and glad Noelle was such a great sport.
1 comment:
Your trip looks like it was really fun. I can't believe you made that drive!
Post a Comment