Layout

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Almost 7 weeks ago...

We welcomed a new addition to our family.  She was born at 2:46 pm (if you want to be exact) after spending only 7 hours at the hospital. The first hour was checking in and waiting for the Dr to start the induction process.  Six hours of 'labor' isn't so bad I suppose, especially when you have wonderful modern medicine :o)  At any rate, Danae Ryanne weighed 6 lb 11 oz and was 19 in long with lots of thick dark hair.  When the Dr laid her on my stomach the first thing she said was "oh she just peed on you"....  What a sweet girl. Little did I know that was just a pre-cursor of things to come.  Need I say more?

Noelle has been such a loving big sister.  Her first meeting with Danae at the hospital was uneventful and she hardly gave her a second look. She has, however, decided that her little sister is pretty neat and often gets excited when she sees her & tries to give her hugs and kisses.  And much to our dismay she often likes to push her in the swing and as a result managed to dump Danae out on her head.  Fortunate for Noelle she did not land on her head as well & I luckily recovered from my heart attack.

The last couple of weeks Danae has really begun to fill out. I think she might be a little chunk too. At her 2 week appt she weight 7 lb 6 oz and I think she is now weighing over 10 lbs easy. For the most part she's a pretty easy baby and we just think she's adorable.

 (Taken the day she arrived home)



These pics she's 14 days



Picture on top was taken today & the pic on bottom taken yesterday

 

4 comments:

jani said...

Adorable! So glad it's all going well for you... At least your little girl is interested in the new baby... Mine couldn't care less!

Rebecca said...

Sleeping babies are so cute! Congratulations to your family on little Danae! Glad Noelle is being a good big sister :)

Ryanne said...

She is really growing and changing! She is so pretty and sweet.

Diane said...

Congratulations Des! So happy for you! You look lovely and your girls are precious!