Camarae's Entertainment
Lately Camarae's new thing is to either make bubbles with her mouth or try to make noise by blowing air out through her mouth with her tongue out. I tried to get it on video but as soon as the camera came out she didn't want to do it as much anymore. But as soon as I put the camera down she was back to doing it full fledged. It has been about a week and a half since we've started on letting Camarae figure out how to go to sleep on her own. We've made some really good progress. We are now at the point to where we can put her in her bed and leave the room. Tonight was the first night of that and she was asleep within 15 minutes. It is so nice to be able to do this. It will be really nice when she will just go to sleep without any crying or screaming first. For now we are happy and excited about her going to sleep on her own. One thing that she likes to do while in bed is playing. She will make noises, play with her hands, and push herself up to the top left side of the crib. One night she had even turned herself around in a counter clockwise turn. She seems pretty proud of herself that she can move around a bit.
Last Saturday we tried the giving a bath in the sink. It is a lot more
work than what it is worth. I think we will stick to the showers until Camarae can sit up on her own for baths.
Tonight we made pizza for dinner so while I was working on the pizza Camarae sat in her bumbo seat and watched and jabbered. I thought I would take some pictures of her in her seat while she was still happy, it was getting close to bed time.

This weekend I'm going to be babysitting for Vicky and Jordan so that they can go to the temple. Matt will be on a field trip for one of his classes all weekend. So it will be me and five kids for Saturday. I'll have to take some pictures to document how the day goes. Then on Saturday night I get to go to Stake Conference by myself, I'll actually get to listen to the talks!
4 comments:
Hey! Great post! Have you tried just bathing her in the tub while she's laying down with only an inch or two of water?? That was the only way I could do it. I hated to use the baby tubs..they were more work than they were worth. A little rolled up towel at the base of the tub works wonders for the knees though! Keep posting! It's fun to read about your new mommy life!
I'm so excited that she's getting so big! I love the movie clips of her and her jibber jabber. It's great stuff. Good luck on the sleeping thing, it sounds like it is going good. Can't wait to see you all again!
They always do that...get out the camera and the tricks go away. It was too funny that you scared her by making noises in the beginning of the video :) You were great at making the noises! I'm glad she's doing better on sleeping for you...you're doing great! Don't you love the idea of conference alone...never seemed as appealing before kids ;) Good luck with 5 kiddos this weekend! Call me if you're bored (haha!).
We just got Nate a Bumbo today. I'll have to post some pics on there. I think him and Camarae are about the same size. She's a cutie! How was the weekend?
Post a Comment