It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Miranda--running the Boston Marathon! Wow, it was so exciting to see her and Caleb (Patty's husband) running the world famous marathon. Luckily we were able to catch them along the race course and we even got a few "fives" as Miranda flew on by. Before and after the race it was so fun to spend some time with Miranda and Patty and their spouses. We had fun checking out the different restaurants in Boston, I think my favorite was this little breakfast cafe as the pancakes were incredible. We also did a little sightseeing as we walked the Freedom Trail a little and strolled across Boston Commons. My favorite memory of Boston Commons is from 7 years ago when Miranda and I ventured to the east coast with our friend Amy. In the middle of the Commons is a fountain that looks like a little wading pool (the fountain is in the middle) well we decided it was hot out side and we wanted to take a swim, so we did, right there in the fountain. Oh those were the days :) Although we didn't do any swimming I had a good time. Oh and congrats to Miranda for re-qualifying and for retiring from full marathons. Can't wait 'til we run our first half marathon together!


2 comments:
I've been waiting for you to post about your trip. Where are all the pictures?
Looks like Boston was fun. For some reason I thought that Patty was running in the marathon too. Can't wait to see you this summer. It was fun talking on the webcam.
Post a Comment