Layout

Monday, May 19, 2008

First Day Event

This week I'm babysitting for Vicky while she is gone to Costa Rica. Matt and I are spending the week at their house so that Jordan could still leave early for work and that we didn't have to leave really early from our house everyday to get here in the mornings.

This morning when I got up and went to see if Alexis and Spencer were up and ready for school I found that Spencer had a dried up bloody nose. I also noticed that the end of his nose was really swollen and red. I asked him if he had bumped his nose on his bed last night. He said he didn't remember what had happened to his nose. We got him all cleaned up and both ready for school. His nose was still swollen but I thought that the swelling would go down during the day and he didn't say anything about his nose bothering him. So off to school we went to join the car riders drop off line.

After being home for an hour with the other kids I received a call from the school nurse. She wanted to know what had happened to Spencer's nose. I told her what I had found/knew about his nose. Also telling her that his mom would be out of town for the next week. She said she would keep an eye on his nose today and call if it seemed to get worse. At 2 o'clock I got another call from the school nurse reporting that Spencer was complaining about his nose hurting him. The afternoon nurse was different from the morning nurse so I had to tell her about both parents being out of town today and that I wouldn't be able to pick him up because I was not a parent/guardian or had written permission from either parent to pick him up from school. So Spencer had to stay at school for the last hour and ride the bus home. When he got home his nose was not as swollen as it was when he left for school. So I was hoping that the swelling would continue to go down and it would go back to normal. Before bedtime we went outside and played for a while. When we came back inside his nose had swelled up again. I do not know what is going on with his nose but it seems like allergies or something like that. I was going to try to take him into the doctor but I don't think that they will even see him since I can't sign as a legal guardian. So he will have to wait until Jordan gets back from his business trip tomorrow to be able to go to the doctor. Hopefully it will not be anything to bad and that the doctor will be able to give him something that will help really quickly.

Other than Spencer's nose event the day was pretty much normal. We will have to keep you posted on how the rest of the week goes. Hope you enjoy the pictures of Spencer's nose and the one of Dallin too, he really wanted a picture taken of him too.

*If you would like to see what Spencer's nose normally looks like go to Vicky's blog and look at the Easter picts. (posted in March). There is one of Spencer were you can see his nose in its normal state.*

3 comments:

Desaray said...

okay, I totally got a kick out of your little disclaimer about checking out Spencer's nose in it's normal state. haha

Carley said...

I hope all goes well the rest of the week.

Post Family said...

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with Spencer's nose issue! Why is it that my kids get sick everytime I go out of town? Thanks for taking such good care of them!