Layout
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Our First 5k
Sabrina and I decided to try out running as a sport and way to get in shape. Fortunately Sabrina has done really well and has lost a few inches and is a good runner. I (Desaray) have found out, or confirmed really, that running is not one of my talents. But I still enjoyed the race and am looking forward to running another 5k. Thus said, Sabrina and I ran our first 5k on Saturday June 21st. It was in Salt Lake and the weather was perfect. We checked in at about 6:45 or 7:00 am and then stretched and got ready for the race. Little speed demon Sabrina finished the race in under 30 minutes, so she ran about 10 min miles. Me on the other hand finished in under 34 minutes, about an 11 minute mile. I want to keep running and hopefully shed a few minutes off my time. I think that would be great. Guess I better get hitting the pavement again. :o) (PS. We'll post pictures as soon as Sabrina takes them off the camera)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! I think an 11 minute mile is great. Every now and then I think I'd like to start running again, but then I think of the humidity and the fact that I'd have to push Jacob in the stroller and I rethink that thought. Maybe a few more years and I'll be able to take up running :) Good job on your first 5K!
Post a Comment