Layout

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Alaska

I think this post is long awaited. We had a fun time visiting with Sabrian, Robert and Aurora. We took a Fjord tour and were able to see lots of wildlife. The highlight for me were the killer (or Orca) whales as I'd never seen one in the wild before. We did a lot of camping and even spent a couple of nights in the rain. We also went up to Denali which was a trip. I'd worked there for a summer about 11 years before and it was quite a bit different, much to my surprise. But it was still just as beautiful as I remembered.

Corey & I at Portage Glacier

Our cool Yert at the Military Resort. They had the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen and they were soo warm. I was very sad to leave them.

A very "cool" glacier - we saw it calving into the ocean. I think this was Corey's favorite part of the trip.

This is as much as they'd surface but it was still so neat.

Me with my favorite Alaskan girl.

We're wishing Mt McKinley would suddenly appear behind us...unfortunately we never did see it.

2 comments:

Ryanne said...

So glad to read your blog posts! Its fun seeing the pictures again.

Sabrina said...

good pictures I need to get some from you when i am home. thanks for coming it was fun!