
I wanted to suprise you on your birthday with notes from friends and family about you. I hope you enjoy them. You are such an awe inspiring older sister. You have always been there for me my whole life. I remember when we were little and you would take care of Sabrina and I, you always helped with dinner and other chores to help us. I was always grateful to have you as an older sister in school because even though I was a lowly 7th grader, you always said hi to me. Even through college I knew I could turn to you for help or advice. It has been so fun to be able to play with you over the years in Utah and have you take me on fun adventures. I would never have snow shoed before if it wasn't for you, or grown to love hiking around mountains. Thank you for your support, guidance, example, and love. I love you and hope your birthday is amazing! - Megan
Desaray, you and I grew up together. So much of my childhood is intertwined with you. I remember the summer our families went to Nauvoo together and we both discovered that we had armpit hair! That was hilarious. I remember having opposite-matching bathing suits that we liked to wear to the lake together. I remember going to dances and church activities together and I was always so glad that I could go with my best friend. I remember all the late-night chats we would have when we got to spend the night at each other's houses. You were such an integral part of my growing up days and I'm thankful I have such great memories with you in them. I hope your birthday is wonderful and that your family spoils you. I miss you and I'm sorry I won't be there to wish you a happy birthday in person, so I hope this will do! I love you so much, Desaray. Love, Becca
A story about Desaray. It is hard to pick one. But I have three favorites, that she will remember well. She is uniquely graceful, and I remember one time when we were walking from our apartment at Ricks. She had an empty milk jug in her left hand and went to toss it, overhead, into the garbage bin. Well. This is Ricks. There is ice. And with a cartoon-like "thwoooop!" she flew through the air. It scored a perfect ten. She also has amazing cooking abilities--just ask her to make you a grilled cheese sandwich sometime. She made me the best one I've ever had. Finally, a more serious memory, was in 2007--the last time I was home in Utah that I got to see her. I was going through one of the more rotten trials of my life, and she was just... there. Like she always is. The real maid-of-honor at my wedding. The one who helped me give my first baby her first bath. She is one of my absolute dearest friends, and I still think of her and miss her all the time. Happy Birthday, Des. :) -Becca Riding
Desaray.... I did not get to hang out with u to much but when u came up to Canada for grandpas funeral I just thought u where sooo fun!!! I clicked with ya .. It seemed like we had known each other for a long time!!! I think u r a great person with a kind heart!! I could tell u love all those around u!! Happy!! Happy!!! Birthday! I hope it is full of fun suprises and love from all those around u!! Love your favorite cousin Jeff
Desaray...I remember when you were real little, I would babysit you and your sisters. After I got married, you would come and stay with us while your parents would go on their Amway trips, etc. It was fun! You were always a good kid! After you moved away and would come home to visit, I loved to see your enthusiasm as we were able to see each other again. You make people feel special and you are pleasant and bubbly to be around. I always look forward to seeing and visiting with you at the different family get togethers.
Thanks for being a great niece!
Hope you have a terrific birthday!
Love ya lots,
Aunt Diane and Uncle Daniel
I always remember Desaray as a happy and easy going child and she was always kind of loving. She still is to this day and always has a cheerful greeting when she sees you. She is a wonderful neice!! Love Aunt Becky
When Desaray was a Senior in High School, she played a piano solo at High School District Piano Competition in Joplin. The judge who heard her was Debra Miles, a former Miss America, and a fine pianist.
Desaray performed "To A Wild Rose" by MacDowell. Ms.Miles spoke to Desaray after her performance(judges don't do that usually)--telling Desaray that it was the best performance of that piece she had ever heard. It was a stellar performance and I was so proud of her! It was a delight to have her as a student.
- Carol Echlos
for Des...she was the cutest little girl, so tiny with cute chubby cheeks and the cutest dimples....now she is a beautiful women with those same cute dimples...always smiling ,always kind, I'm very proud of her and I love her alot!!! - Aunt Ruby
Dear Desaray,
Happy Birthday!!! Just wanted to let you know that I love ya and to wish you a very Happy Birthday! When I think about you, I totally think about goodness! You are one of the good ones!!! I have lots of memories with you!! The first memory I have of you is when you were born and then watching you grow from a baby to a toddler and then to a young women!! I missed all the fun teenage years! I used to babysit you, Crystal, Sabrina, and Megan until I went off to college. That was always fun---well, for the most part!! ha ha
I remember when I had my second back surgery in 1988, you came and spent part of the day with me. We worked on a big jigsaw puzzle together and just hung out!!! You helped fill my day!! I have great memories of you when your family would come to Grandpa and Grandma's house and just hanging out with you kids!! Also, do you remember the contract that we signed? I don't remember why but we wrote up a contract together and both signed it saying that we would never get married!!! You were probably asking when or why I wasn't married!! lol Well guess neither one of us were to true to our word!! Well Desaray I do hope you have a great birthday!!! Know that I love you and hope that you are happy and well!!
Lots of Love -Aunt Melanie
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Desaray! I hope you are spoiled absolutely rotten this year, because you definitely deserve it! And what a sweet idea from your family to leave you birthday notes. You are really an angel on earth, in my opionion, and definitely an angel sent to me when I needed you most. Love you!
Oh my goodness...I had no idea all of these notes were here until today...and they've really touched me. I love you all and thanks so much for your kind sweet words. They really do mean alot, this is probably one of the greatest gifts ever. :o)
Post a Comment